Sunday, January 29, 2012

laying low...

The fat lady is laying low this weekend with nothing extravagant in mind.  I have been moderately behaving myself by making a nice veggie soup with bulgar  and a stir-fry with all the colors of the rainbow; hence, Rainbow Stir-fry--found in Veg Times.

This evening I am having guests and found an interesting menu for the festivities: Turkish pie which is made of eggplant and tomatoes with lots of spices like cumin, anise seed, and red pepper flakes.  The crust is layers of phyllo dough.  There is going to be a unique salad with fancy mixed greens, grapes, feta, and hazel nuts with a nice light white wine vinaigrette. I am also making rolls with wheat germ.  We are having gwertz German wine with it--suppose to be good with spicy food.

I also made some awesome molasses cookies, but we are trying to behave and eat the sparingly.

So, I feel a little better, and will keep trying to work on my previous and continuing bad behavior.
I know, no fun, but you know me, I can't stay good for very long!  Hee! Hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment