Monday, September 19, 2011

Beer...

Iv'e been imbibing in too much beer lately and it is wreaking havoc on my diet!  I have always enjoyed alcoholic beverages occasionally; especially on a relaxing week end, but I think it is affecting my waistline.  I shouldn't try to fool myself--I know it is.  After all, it is one of the choices on the 'to avoid" list in the South Beach book. It not only has lots of carbs in it, but it also causes the munchies for more carbs.  I knew this issue was going to come up, because I do like my beer.  Grrr, now I am afraid to step on the scale.  Do you think I should give it a try?  Ok, be right back--193.4.  I did gain back a couple of pounds as I knew I would, because I could just feel it on my body clinging to me, as those nasty fat cells do, like wet jeans after you jump into a cold lake.

Ok, no time to cry over spilled beer. It is time to get back my resolve and start to behave myself again.  Bahhhh, behaving is no fun, but my body will thank me for it in the long run; then I will be a singing skinny lady with the health and wellness I need to chase around my active grandchild and even more active husband. Hee! Hee!

Having a bit of a stand still reading super charged South beach. Also having a stand still in the activity department. I will update when I get myself together here.

No comments:

Post a Comment