Saturday, October 1, 2011

October!!!

It is the first day of my favorite month of the year.  The earthy scents, the leaves flying in the wind, the brilliant hues of the mums contrasting last seasons spent flowers, and the nice cool temperatures setting in after the heat and humidity of summer is always so refreshing.

The only problem is that fall also makes me think of baking rich delicious desserts loaded with apples, pumpkin, lots of sugar, and refined white flour!  Although there are South Beach desserts available, they pale in comparison.  Oh well! The fat lady didn't get fat by eating celery sticks now did she?  The love of food can be such a distraction, and what more can you do but eat it!  Ha! So, I will find a delicious dessert to make, and I will indulge in said dessert, and then I will pay the price on the scale. That is if I am brave enough to step on it.  And, then...  Well?  The fat lady will figure that out later. Hee! Hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment