Thursday, August 11, 2011

Feeling a little nervous...

My book "The Dukan Diet" showed up in the mail yesterday, but the night before I was talking to one of my coworkers about her failed attempt on this diet.  She said she got so bored of the restricted regiment of meat and every other day meat and veg, she just stopped it altogether.  I have started reading said book and was quite alarmed within the first few pages about his discussion of pure protein mostly in the form of meat.  While on the South Beach Diet, I have been increasing my meat eating, which is difficult for a semi-vegetarian like myself, so the thought of just eating meat for 7 days to start in the Attack Phase has me a bit overwhelmed. I did continue to read the introduction of this book, and I do, at the same time, kind of understand the physiological reasoning behind this approach, but wonder if like my coworker, I will become dissatisfied with the choices presented.
In the meantime, I continue on the South Beach diet with some modicum of success, 4 pounds to be exact, but who hasn't lost 4-5 pounds in the beginning of diets before. If I were to lose 10 pounds, I would start feeling a little more hopeful. I feel like some kind of dieting expert, because I have been on sooo many of them. Simple self control? Forget about it, some people need to be bossed around a bit. On that note, I will continue to read Dr. Dukan's book with an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment