Monday, August 15, 2011

salt...

Now that I looked at the sodium content in soda, I started looking at the sodium content in everything!  I bought these sugar-free jello mousse cups to get me through the dessert crazies and now find that they have 100mg of sodium where a coke zero has 70!
I remember going through this exact obsessive searching for all the bad stuff every time I am on a diet. I read all the labels in the grocery store and start to go mad with the thought that I can't have things that I think are not bad for me, but, in fact, are!  I know in my mind that the simpler and purer you keep the food the better it is for you, but after years of being controlled by substances like sugar fat, salt, and advertising, my weaknesses are starting to rear their dirty little fat heads.
I think once I get past this last week of phase 1, I will start to smooth out after a serving of real fruit, fruit and yogurt smoothies, and some grains.  Extreme dieting sucks!
My daughter-in-law gave me an alternate vegetarian diet plan. I may incorporate this into the South Beach, just to switch things up a bit and get away from all that meat.  We'll see. I haven't given up yet. I just need to work through these little crises as I go along.  Hence, why I started this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment