Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fell off the Wagon!!

Yes, I fell off the extreme dieting wagon, with only a few days left on phase 1.  I was having a bad day, feeling moody, frustrated, sad, and, of course, hungry, so I went to Walgreens with the intent to buy shampoo, body wash, and potato chips--which I did. And, I ate those potato chips, my cryptomite, and just like Superman, they didn't make me feel very good:  too salty and greasy after eating all that healthy food.  Interesting.  Needless to say, I don't feel hungry anymore, because they filled that empty spot reserved just for potato chips.  I will not step on the scale today. Why torture myself!?!

In other news, I am getting off that meat wagon also, by incorporating more vegetarian dishes as replacements for certain dishes. The only thing is that they have to include only legal fare for this diet.  There is a list in the South Beach book.  I have a few sirloin patties left, then no more beef!  I have always included a little chicken into my diet, so I will just cut down on the chicken dishes.

My first vegetarian dish will be a nice soup, with leeks, collard greens, and I am going to add edamame beans to it. This is actually a recipe in the book for Phase 1, and it can be frozen, so I don't have to spend so much time in the kitchen preparing fancy meals. Yeah!



No comments:

Post a Comment